Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pisces and Cancer


Last year, my friend Colleen was in a horrible car accident and went through several surgeries and a lot of very expensive hospitalization. A group of Burners and friends got together to have a party and auction off whatever we could offer to help raise some cash for her. I made three paintings for the auction, incorporating images from a book of X-rays I have. I was inspired by all of the X-Rays she was getting and decided to incorporate that into some art.

I used an X-acto knife to cut out the X-ray images I wanted to use, and I placed them down on a canvas and added paint, and used Mod Podge to glue the pictures down. Then I added the design that was inspired by Aboriginal Art. This is the only piece out of 3 that I have photos of because the other 2 paintings sold before I could photograph them.


12" x 16"
paper and acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment